gplot doesn't work

From: camox
Subject: gplot doesn't work
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 08:23:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi "octavers"
I'm new in octave and I don't know how to sort a basic error out.
If I just copy the second example about gplot in octave guide, this will be
the output

octave:1> x = (-10:0.1:10)';
octave:2> data = [x, sin(x), cos(x)];
octave:3> gplot [-11:11] [-1.1:1.1] data with lines
error: Invalid call to gplot.  Correct usage is:

 -- Function File:  gplot (A, XY)
 -- Function File:  gplot (A, XY, LINE_STYLE)
 -- Function File: [X, Y] = gplot (A, XY)

I can't understand why the example isn't working on my pc.
Did I miss to install any package? Are there compatibility problems with
gnuplot?

Thank you in advance!!!