Re: 1.) imwrite() and 2.) octcdf-1.0.13

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: 1.) imwrite() and 2.) octcdf-1.0.13
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 22:34:11 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 28. Oktober 2010, 22:06:31 schrieb John W. Eaton:
> On 28-Oct-2010, katha wrote:
> | "If you compiled octave yourself then it seems as if you did not have the
> | magickgraphics development package installed "
> | YAST says it is installed. The version I cannot tell right now. I need to
> | look it up tomorrow.
>
> Maybe you only have the graphicsmagick program and run-time libraries?
> To build Octave linked with the graphicsmagick libraries, you need the
> development package.  I don't know about Suse, but on Debian the
> packages are
>
>   graphicsmagick            collection of image processing tools
>   libgraphicsmagick++3      format-independent image processing - C++
> shared library libgraphicsmagick3        format-independent image
> processing - C shared library libgraphicsmagick++1-dev  format-independent
> image processing - C++ development files libgraphicsmagick1-dev
> format-independent image processing - C development files
>
> You probably have the first three but you also need the -dev packages.
>
> jwe

On openSUSE 11.3 it is

libGraphicsMagick++-devel
libGraphicsMagick++3
libGraphicsMagick3
GraphicsMagick

installation from the command line can be done with zypper

sudo zypper in libGraphicsMagick++-devel libGraphicsMagick++3 \
libGraphicsMagick3 GraphicsMagick

after that ./configure has to be rerun in the folder where the octave source
code is then make and make install.