Matlab compatibility

From: Lucas Courgeon
Subject: Matlab compatibility
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 22:22:34 +0000

Hello ,

I'm Lucas, recent user of Octave because user of Ubuntu, and I got problems to read a .mat file.

I've looked up in the "Help" but I founded nothing but something about "Matlab recently introduced the "-V7.3" save option which is an HDF5 format which is particularly useful for 64-bit platforms where the standard matlab format can not correctly save variables.. Octave accepts HDF5 files, but is not yet compatible with the "-v7.3" versions produced by Matlab".

I'll give a copy of what turns out when I try to run the .mat file :

error: invalid character `•' (ASCII 149) near line 2, column 2

parse error near line 2 of file /home/lucas/Documents/ic/Tarea3/Modlit_Meas.m

syntax error

>>> •©P¢D‰*S¡2J”¬D‰’©P™

^

error: `Modlit_Meas' undefined near line 11 column 1

If anyone could help me about this, I would be really grateful ! I've looked up all day without to figure out what was wrong...

Thanks !

Lucas