Getting Started

From: Peter Dawes
Subject: Getting Started
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 17:28:12 +0100

hi Octave user,

I am a first year engineering student and have (i think) downloaded Octave successfully. However, I noticed in the manual that you can use the command "silent" to stop it producing all the version info at the top. When I try to do this it just says that it doesn't recognize this function. How do I enter this properly? I'm typing into the black terminal box, I take it this is correct? How do you save your work from there?
I'm very sorry, I'm a complete novice to programming of any sort.

Regards,
Peter