clearing global variables

From: Michael Johnson
Subject: clearing global variables
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 17:00:20 -0500

Hi,

I'm new to this list, so please forgive me if this has been discussed. I searched through the mailing list history, but found no recent discussions of this issue.

I am using octave 3.2.4 on Fedora 11, and I'm unable to clear global variables. I have a few questions: Am I doing something wrong? Is this intended behavior? Is this a bug? Here's some example code:

octave:1> global VAR = 1;
octave:2> clear all
octave:3> global VAR = 0;
octave:4> VAR
VAR =  1

I would really think VAR would be redefined to be 0 after the clear all...

Thanks,
Mike