Re: octave-gnuplot macosx

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: octave-gnuplot macosx
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 15:48:57 +0000 (GMT)

On Sep 29, 2010, at 11:15 AM, Pierre Lepage <address@hidden> wrote:

I am new to octave,working mac os x leopard (octaveforge last web
distribution)
All is working quite well except a (small) desagreement with plotting:
with gnuplot(4.2) and aquaterm, display looks very nice,but some
elements does show correctly: for example title, x label, right y
label (with plotyy : I test that with your example on plotyy).
Is it some way to correct that or to interact with parameters of
octave/ gnuplot/aquaterm.
thank you for help
P.Lepage

You can modify the axis' "position" property to give more room for the labels.

Future versions of Octave will produce the expected result without tweaking.

For now you may find you prefer using x11. If you'd like to try, start X11 (it should be in your Utilities folder), and run the commands below ...

close all
setenv ("GNUTERM", "x11")

... now the plots will use x11, and the axis labels should all be visible.

Ben