Re: Freebsd install, question N+1: search setting for configure?

From: fork
Subject: Re: Freebsd install, question N+1: search setting for configure?
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 02:10:08 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas D. Dean <tomdean <at> speakeasy.org> writes:

> <stuff>

Well, I am currently ending
configure with this, so I think I have bigger problems:

checking whether f77 generates correct size integers... no
configure: error: your Fortran compiler must have
an option to make integers
the
same size as octave_idx_type (int).
See the file INSTALL for more information.

To add insult to injury, the INSTALL file
 is now symlinked to the INSTALL file
from gnulib, possibly overwriting the

> What version of autoconf do you have???

2.62.  I just downloaded the latest...

> On Ubuntu, I have autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.65

Could someone grab the latest tip, build it
 successfully, and send me the
config.log and any other possibly useful files?
Probably directly to my email
address, not to the group, because of its size.

THanks (grr.... freebsd .... grrr .... my
 maybe screwed up libraries .... grrr)