Re: Reading fixed width data?

From: fork
Subject: Re: Reading fixed width data?
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:14:41 +0000 (UTC)

forkandwait <forkandwait <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a function to read fixed width data in Octave?

Just to clarify "fixed width":

http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/gawk/gawk_44.html

I think I will be able to cobble something together for my purposes, but neither
octave nor ML seem to have a nice approach using something like a FIELDWIDTHS
specification.  This would be a *very* nice thing to have for Octave; perhaps as
a named parameter extension to dlmread.  I would submit a patch if I could get
octave to compile on my local machine...