Re: Problems with QtOctave

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Problems with QtOctave
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 17:07:04 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- David Grundberg wrote:

> But I think we got to have a terminal emulator and true readline
> functionality.  We simply can't have a command line interface without
> it.  That's doable on true posix systems, but on Windows it's probably a
> lot of work.  octavede runs under cygwin, not "true" win32. Actually,
> just having a glorified/themed terminal emulator on win32, even without
> a visual editor/debugger, would probably do much to help.  Maybe we
> should ship rxvt in the next Octave For Windows package?

Octave on MinGW is "true win32".  Octave on MinGW32 is now working on win32
command prompt.
Tools like readline, ncursus etc for win32 are prepared by Benjamin.

For copy and paste, quick edit mode is useful.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282301

Although command prompt with quick edit mode is not useful as terminal emulator
on unixy environments,
it is not necessary required for windows.

Regards
Tatsuro