getting rid of image headers

From: Richard Evans
Subject: getting rid of image headers
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 14:27:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I'd like to get rid of the image headers in my images generated in Octave.  I tried this code which generates sequentially numbered files (I created a number of subimages from an imported image) and I thought adding "-ascii" to the save command would get rid of the header information.  It did... however, the file size changed (the image width doubled but the image height remained unchanged) when I added the "-ascii" to the save command as shown below.  When I omit this, the file saved in txt format has a header but the image has normal dimensions.

filename = sprintf('txt%03d.txt',i);

save("-ascii",filename,'C1');

I must be missing something... can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong??

Rick