zenity package from MacPorts?

From: Matthias Brennwald
Subject: zenity package from MacPorts?
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 17:58:57 +0300

Dear all

I installed the zenity package via MacPorts as follows:

        sudo port install octave-zenity

This did not produce any errors or warnings, so I assumed everything worked as
intended. However, Octave does not find the zenity commands. I guess the path
to the zenity package needs to be added to the seach path somehow. Just to
check, I added the path to the zenity package to my .octaverc file, which
worked. However, I'd prefer to treat the zenity package in the same way as the
other Octave packages installed via MacPorts, which did not require any
tweaking of my .octaverc file.

Any hints or ideas?

My setup: Octave 3.2.4 on Mac OS X, installed from MacPorts.

Matthias