Trouble with jhandles--installation issue?

From: kimballjw
Subject: Trouble with jhandles--installation issue?
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 08:53:17 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to use jhandles for graphics.  I have followed all the
instructions I was able to find on an old message posting, but still have a
problem.  I'm running Octave 3.2.4 on Windows Vista (and have had the same
problem on another computer running Windows XP).  I installed the MinGW
executable from Octave Forge.  I have installed the latest JRE, JOGL, and
JDK.  If I plot something, it appears.  When I try to close the window, I
get the following error stream:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.Unsatisfied
LinkError: org.octave.Octave.needThreadedInvokation()Z
        at org.octave.Octave.needThreadedInvokation(Native Method)
        at org.octave.Octave.invokeLater(Octave.java:151)
        at
org.octave.graphics.OctaveCallback.execute(OctaveCallback.java:58)
        at
org.octave.graphics.CallbackProperty.execute(CallbackProperty.java:81
)
        at
org.octave.graphics.FigureObject.windowClosing(FigureObject.java:409)

        at java.awt.Window.processWindowEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Window.processEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown
Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)

I don't know if I have failed to install something I need, or haven't set up
the directories right, or what.  Any advice?

Oh, also if I try to print it (print('filename.eps','-deps')), I get a
different set of errors:

warning: implicit conversion from matrix to string
warning: isstr is obsolete and will be removed from a future version of
Octave,
please use ischar instead
error: [java] org.octave.graphics.PropertyException: property not found -
__plot
_stream__
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: called from:
error:
C:\Octave\3.2.4_gcc-4.4.0\share\octave\packages\jhandles-0.3.5\__jhandl
es_get.m at line 41, column 5
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error:
C:\Octave\3.2.4_gcc-4.4.0\share\octave\3.2.4\m\plot\__gnuplot_get_var__
.m at line 40, column 5
error:   C:\Octave\3.2.4_gcc-4.4.0\share\octave\3.2.4\m\plot\print.m at line
704
, column 7