Re: Y value on Bar Graph

From: Andy Buckle
Subject: Re: Y value on Bar Graph
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 06:36:42 +0100

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 5:02 AM, Manoj Deshpande
<address@hidden> wrote:

>  Hi Ben,
>
> Thanks for replying,  i tried text, but it messes up the graph. Please take
> a look at the images attached to this email.
>
> 141     bar(frequency);
> 142     set(gca,'XTick',[1:7]);
> 143     set(gca,'xticklabel',bins);
>
> AFTER USING TEXT
>
> 141     bar(frequency);
> 142     set(gca,'XTick',[1:7]);
> 143     set(gca,'xticklabel',bins);
> 144     text(50,50,"testing");
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> Thanks,
> Manoj
>
> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 2:41 PM, bpabbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On 02 Aug, 2010,at 02:08 PM, Manoj Deshpande <address@hidden>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2472052/y-value-on-bar-graph-in-gnuplot
>>
>> I am trying to get the above functionality on octave, is there a way via
>> system to call  gnuplot directly, and get this going ? or is there an
>> equivalent in octave itself ?
>> Any suggestions would be really appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Manoj
>>

>> Please take a look at the text() function.
>>     help text
>> This function will allow you to place labels above the bars.
>> Ben

It looks like your x-axis is effectively 1-7 ish. so, it is resizing
the axes to fit in 50.

Try

text(col-s,bar_height+t, ....

col: number of each bar.
s: probably less than 1. tweak until it looks good.
t: small number. maybe 1 or 2

--
/* andy buckle */