Re: Problem with eig in Octave 3.2.4

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: Problem with eig in Octave 3.2.4
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 11:55:25 +0200

Am Freitag, 30. Juli 2010 10:56:48 schrieb Liviu Vladutu:
> I have installed Octave 3.2.4 and fails some tests at make check.
> Some are at eig decomposition, some at imscale etc.
> For instance, trying
> eig(A) for A=[1 3 -2; 3 5 1; -2 1 4]
> gives aberrant results.
>
> Any workaround? Thanks in advance.
>
> --

This does not really sound like a general problem for which a workaround
exists, but that somehow your octave is screwed.

Please post more information about your environment (linux, windows, compiler,
did you get warnings in the configure script?, since you use make check I
guess you compiled octave yourself, maybe you have incompatible libraries or
something like that).

Also post the "aberrant results", otherwise everything is just wild guessing.

- mh