Re: audio record

From: Ronan Scaife
Subject: Re: audio record
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 13:40:21 +0100

Dear all,

2 years ago, I was experimenting with Scilab to create experiments for sound recording/playback (simultaneous and synchronisable.)

I discovered pawavplay, a Matlab user-contributed PortAudio-based toolbox, and using Scilab's MEX interface emulation, I was able to rebuild this for Scilab (v4.1.2):

        <http://elm.eeng.dcu.ie/~scaifer/pa_wavplay/index.html>

I have no reason to doubt that the same could be done for Octave.

There is also playrec, a much more sophisticated package, which has already been ported to Octave:

        <http://www.playrec.co.uk/>

BTW, I love (and currently use) octave, but Scilab seemed to offer an easier way to build a GUI at the time.

Best Wishes,