Re: Windows Package

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: Windows Package
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:14:55 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 21. Juli 2010 15:38:49 schrieb John Hudock:
> I did also try to retreive the package from
> http://octave.sourceforge.net/packages.php after I installed the 3.2.4
> version of Octave and found the Windows package still empty, with no luck.
> Even the description of the package at
> http://octave.sourceforge.net/windows/overview.html shows all the functions
> not implemented. So I can only imagine that there is an updated version
> somewhere, but it is not at all clear where.
>
> My pkg list shows:
> [snip]
>           windows *|   1.0.8 | ...\share\octave\packages\windows-1.0.8

So your windows package is installed and loaded, it is not clear to me what
makes you exactly think it is empty? How did you check it?
Did you look into the folder where it is installed?
Did you check with

pkg describe -verbose windows

and then invoke one of the functions? The functions in the webpage are shown
as missing due to a problem in the webpage (when the documentation string is
not parsed successfully it is shown as not implemented as I remeber from some
discussion here or on the oct-dev mailing list some time ago).

With the 3.2.3 installed on a virtual windows machine I see the package exists
and the functions are there (I can invoke them).
Will try the 3.2.4 later.

- mh