Using the avi pkg

From: Kenneth Johnson
Subject: Using the avi pkg
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 18:21:11 -0700 (PDT)

Used matlab for a long time and moved to octave.

installed the video pkg.

Have a simple function to dump an array of images to an avi file.

I open the avifile("name") ad then loop to add the 2d images to the file using addframe(avi, Array).

Several things happen:

1) I see the avi file in the directory.  Sometimes I can play it back.
2) On exiting  my funtion script it brings down the entire octave session w/ a segmentation fault. Not always but 80% of the time.

I spent a day researching and loking for solutions but alas I am stuck....

Any ideas on how to address this?  It doesn't get much simpler than opening the file and looping to add a frame...

Ken J.