Re: make test failure: d1mach - i out of bounds

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: make test failure: d1mach - i out of bounds
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 09:22:59 +0200

"Dmitri A. Sergatskov" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Loris Bennett
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Having successfully compiled Octave 3.2.4 with --enable-64, make check
>> fails with
>>
>>  ../run-octave --norc --silent --no-history ./fntests.m .
>>   d1mach - i out of bounds         0
>>  gmake[1]: *** [check] Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>>
>> Does anyone have any pointers to the cause of the problem?
>>

> a) If you want to get a meaningful answer you really need to
> provide a whole lot more details.
>
> b) --enable-64 is very experimental and you should _really_  know what you
>    are doing.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dmitri.

The error that a user was getting with a 32-bit version was:

  error: memory exhausted or requested size too large for range of
  Octave's index type

As there was no indication that the memory really was exhausted, I
assumed it must be the latter cause, which lead me to the wiki page

  http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?EnableLargeArrays

Do I just need a 64-bit version without --enable-64?

However, as I am going to recompile Octave from the development sources,
it is probably not worth worring about the segentation fault above
unless it reoccurs.

Cheers

Loris

--