Re: error: no matching function with octave-3.2.4/46bit/gcc-4.3.3

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: error: no matching function with octave-3.2.4/46bit/gcc-4.3.3
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:48:16 -0400

On 12-Jul-2010, Loris Bennett wrote:

| Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso <address@hidden> writes:
|
| > I'll give WAG of what's going on.
| >
| > gcc 4.3 *should* have trigged the CXX_ISO_COMPLIANT_LIBRARY macro
| > during the run of the configure script. For whatever reason, it
| > didn't. You can try manually modifying config.h and define this macro,
| > although the wiser solution would be to investigate why it wasn't
| > defined.
|
| Well WAGged. Tweaking config.h did the trick.
|
| However, doing a fresh configure showed that CXX_ISO_COMPLIANT_LIBRARY
| is in princple set correctly. I suspect that the endless other tweaking
| I have been doing to get Octave to compile on AIX had got me into some
| strange configuration mess.

What tweaking do you need?  We would like to make Octave build out of
the box on most current systems if possible.  But I don't think any of
the current developers uses AIX regularly if at all.  So if the people
who do use AIX (or other uncommon systems) don't report specifically
the problems they have, it's unlikely that the problems will be fixed.

jwe