problem with multicore package

From: Martijn
Subject: problem with multicore package
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 00:49:51 +0200

Today I did my first calculations with the multicore package. Since I
used only the two cores of my own laptop, the results were not too
spectacular but nevertheless very welcome.

I am now trying to go a step further, but in the slave session I get the
message: "Warning: Either variable 'functionHandle' or 'parameters' not
existing after loading file parameter_xxx.mat"

A few lines from my script

F = @myfunc;
<code for creating a structure 'p' of parameter structures>
result = startmulticoremaster(F, p, '/tmp/mydir');

In the slave session(s) I just run "startmulticoreslave('/tmp/mydir')
p{1} =
{
  [1] = 25
  [2] = 0
  [3] = 12500
}
F(p{1}) gives the expected result

If I look in the parameter_xxx.mat file, I see all sane values for both
the 'functionHandle' and the 'parameters'.

What can be wrong here?

with kind regards,

Martijn