Maxima locating in noisy data

From: dirac
Subject: Maxima locating in noisy data
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 02:30:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi again,

I am unsure if this is the purpose of the forum, but I am having problems
finding a way to locate peaks in some noisy data. It is basically a
Fabry-Perot laser spectrum which is stored in a matrix of 10002 lines and 21
columns...This is terribly vague I know but any suggestions would be awesome

Thanks in advance
Martin

-----
Converting myself from Excel to Octave for reasons I hope to find out.