Octave and GDB (Was: Octave debugging (emacs))

From: David Grundberg
Subject: Octave and GDB (Was: Octave debugging (emacs))
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 09:39:22 +0200

On 06/17/2010 09:28 AM, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

My general experience is that debuggers are only useful for the
simplest kinds of errors. More complicated error conditions can't be
discovered by simply *looking* at data, you need to *compute* to check
(checksums, invariants, known equivalent expressions etc), and
debuggers really don't help you at that.

I think there is a suggestion in the PROJECT file about integrating Octave into gdb, so that one could use Octave to compute and plot data from the debugee. That would be really handy.

David