Re: interactions with OOffice graphs ?

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: interactions with OOffice graphs ?
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 20:35:58 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 9. Juni 2010 16:18:48 schrieb CdeMills:
> Hello,
>
> problem statement: I'm performing measurement on semi-conductor devices, so
> I have many runs of scanning where both DC voltage and AC frequency are
> parameters. Then I use Octave to consolidate data, i.e. compute mean on
> repetitive runs. The next step would be to generate graphs in OOffice as
> follows: draw raw measurement pertaining to the same frequency or voltage
>  as single points, then draw averaged values as continuous curves. The
>  challenge is that, in the spreadsheet diagram tool, the choice is either
>  lines, either points, either lines and points. Each set of data should
>  have its own drawing format. So the question, are there interfaces between
>  Octave and graph "objects", in such a way to automatically produce the
>  required diagram inside OOffice spreadsheet ?
>
> Regards
>
> Pascal

If you really need to interact with openoffice one possibility is to use the
java package from octave forge and to interact with oo via uno (universal
network objects). The benefit is this is a platform independent solution.

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Uno

The question remains if you really need to go this way and if it is not easier
to use the graphic capabilities which are available in octave.

- mh