problem in installation

From: ashraf rateb
Subject: problem in installation
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 19:17:25 +0300

Hello friends

iam new user for linux and octave

i wan to install the software on my linux machine iam follow the instructions in install file

iam comile by commands ./configure then make and make install its not completed it gives

error on "octave . desktop"  No such file or directory

as show in Attach snapshot of install process.

Can  any one guide me to complete intsall of the siftware in acorrect way

many thanks

ashraf