Running functions with same name located in different directories

From: veryhappy
Subject: Running functions with same name located in different directories
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 01:00:26 -0700 (PDT)

I have some functions that have the same name and have the same parameters
for input and output but they produce a very different result (One produces
a filter with Butterworth response in frequency and the other does the same
but with Chebyshev). They're located in different directories and i want to
freely choose
wich one to use without changing to the directory it's located.
Is there a way to do it??
So far I'd tried with function handles but they doesn't work very well.I'd
tried too to add them to the path but that won't let me decide wich one to
choose