Re: elementwise boolean operations

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: Re: elementwise boolean operations
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 20:13:20 -0400

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 6:43 PM, Przemek Klosowski
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I wonder if there is a nicer way of flipping the rows than
> m(s+1:end,2:end)=m(s:-1:1,2:end);

You can use the flipud() or flipdim() but I don't know that will be
any faster particularly on the development version.

My gut reaction to seeing the recursive version of this was going to
be speculating that the memory use on the recursive version would be
higher because the iterative version tries to work in-place, but I
think octave ultimately creates intermediates of the same size anyway
so there's probably no difference there.

Good job.

--judd