Re: Conversion from Scilab

From: Bob Odom
Subject: Re: Conversion from Scilab
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 17:50:45 -0700 (PDT)

Gary,

Create a file named .octaverc in your home directory and add the
following 2 lines:

edit mode async
edit editor "gvim %s &"

The "mode async" line allows you to work in the editor and the octave
command line will remain active. The next line defines the editor as the gvim editor. So when I type "edit <filename>" a gvim window comes up,
and file <filename> is open in the window to edit. If you use 'emacs'
instead of gvim, it will use emacs instead.

You can also run those two commands from the octave command line, but if
you put them in the .octaverc file, they will get set every time you
start octave.

Bob