Re: Interrupting Octave

From: Rob Mahurin
Subject: Re: Interrupting Octave
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 12:21:34 -0400

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 05:18:59PM +0200, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> 3> Under Mac OS X, GNU Octave starts and then creates a new terminal.
> It doesn't use the standard input/output file descriptors, if they are
> provided for it. It is possible to make it use the standard
> input/output instead of using it's own terminal window?

I don't know about your Windows questions, but the MacOS behavior you
describe is what's done by the Octave.app bundle.  If you poke
around in the bundle you'll discover that the new terminal calls a
command with a name like
/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/octave .  You can call
this command yourself from the terminal and it uses ordinary standard
input and output.

Cheers,
Rob