reading a structure in a hdf file that was written by java

From: Moshe Apelbaum
Subject: reading a structure in a hdf file that was written by java
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 14:27:24 +0300

I'm trying to write structure (to file) with Java in a way that octave will be able to read the file.
I wrote a hdf file using java in hdf format, but, i cannot open the file in octave.
I wrote the file using java, the name of the file is check.h5.
The command i used to read the file in octave is:
data = "">
The error i got is:
error: value on right side of assigment is undefined.