Re: Error installing octave 3.2.4

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Error installing octave 3.2.4
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:40:48 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- Stefan Neumann  wrote:

> thank you, now I get it.
> Apparently I hit the wrong tone myself.
>
> My intention was not at all to blame the people around octave. Or anyone
> else for that matter. I find it really great that this software exists and I
> absolutely appreciate the effort that so many people have put in. In fact I
> use octave regularly for all kinds of purposes including university
> research.
>
> My apologies to anyone who thought I was complaining or blaming them.
>
> I was just happy that it was actually possible to solve the compile-problems
> on a "virgin" system. And I still knew everything that I had done.
>
> So I thought it might be a good idea to write it down. This is the kind of
> stuff I like to find when I start something completely new like build
> octave.

One of the way of contribution to write the method of building in Category
install in the Octave Wiki
(http://wiki.octave.org).

If you want to get  password to edit the octave wiki, please ask at the
octeve-dev ML as
http://old.nabble.com/El-wiki-td28245304.html

Octave-dev list can be subscribed at

An example of building octave for Mac OS X is found in the following,

http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?OctaveForMac

Regards

Tatsuro

Get the new Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo! JAPAN
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ie8/