assign file load to var in octave 3.2

From: Nuno Lopes
Subject: assign file load to var in octave 3.2
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 22:54:44 +0000

Hello all,

I have a generated set of files with matrixes (from benchmark times) that I
want to load into a variable in octave.

In the script I was using to crunch the numbers (seems to still work in octave
3.0) I used the following instruction:

var = load -text -;

But in octave 3.2 (which is the version I have installed in the machine I'm
working) I get a parse error. My guess is that the syntax has changed somehow
but I cannot find any info on the web. Can somebody give me some pointers on
how to fix this?

Thanks a lot
--
Nuno Lopes