Re: Block comments inside block comments

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Block comments inside block comments
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:27:35 -0700

tir, 23 03 2010 kl. 23:03 -0400, skrev Carnë Draug:
> I though about writing the operators help text in texinfo as is
> mentioned in the characteres. However, I noticed the comment was
> insure if they should be in texinfo. I also noticed some of them would
> not be operators, but comments so maybe they would need to be divided
> in another variable pair_type. Since I never programmed in C, only
> Perl and now octave and I prefered to makesure I didn't break
> anything. But if someone tells me how, I could look more into it.

You can follow the example for keywords (look at the 'keywords' array in
'help.cc'), which is formated using texinfo. As an example, you should
be able to change

  pair_type ("!",
    "Logical not operator.  See also `~'.\n"),

into

  pair_type ("!",
    "-*- texinfo -*-\n\
    @deffn Operator !\n\
    Logical not operator.\n\
    @seealso{~}\n\
    @end deffn"),

and similarly for other operators. If you intend on doing this, then it
would be great of you looked at incorporating some slightly more
detailed descriptions of the operators. You can find text for this in
'doc/interpreter/expr.txi' if you are interested.

Søren