Problems with imrotate.m Nearest method

From: Journeaux, Ian
Subject: Problems with imrotate.m Nearest method
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:02:34 -0500

Søren

I will forward the small archive directly to you and not to the list.

I implemented the changes you made to interp2 and intern. That improved the situation but there are subtle changes in the gray scale (typically one level of gray) in many pixels.

In the original image using octaves imrotate, the pixel at 100,100 was different by 8 levels of gray; 90 versus 82.

With the new version of interp2 and interpn the value at 100,100 are the same at 82.

But if you look through the image, there are many pixels where the gray level is 1 level higher or lower. I did a comparison of the histograms. Notice that in the octave version of the images, there are several bins that have no pixels of that value. The Matlab version has pixels counts in all of the bins.

The change of a single level of gray is probably ok for my application but wanted to raise the issue. The impact on the histogram distribution is a little more disturbing and might be important to others.

Hope this is helpful

Take Care

This electronic message contains information from NewPage Corporation or subsidiary companies,
which may be confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is
intended to be used solely by the recipient(s) named. If you are not an intended recipient, be
aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this transmission or its
contents is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify NewPage
immediately at address@hidden