M-file will only return one variable

From: Jason Martin
Subject: M-file will only return one variable
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:51:58 -0500

Good afternoon list,

I am working on a small set of m-files for my microwave circuits class and I am trying to return one answer in two different formats. My m-file is:

function [retrad, retang] = chebtran(ZL,Z0,Gm,NumSec)

pr0 = log(ZL/Z0);

pr1 = acosh((1/0.1)*(pr0));

pr2 = cosh((1/NumSec)*(pr1));

pr3 = asec(pr2);

pr4 = pr3*180/pi;

retrad = pr3;

retang = pr4;

endfunction

My issue is, only one variable is returned. In the current order, I will get the radian answer, retrad, but not the angle answer, retang. But if I put retang first, I will only get the angle and not the radian. According to the manual this should be correct, but I cannot figure out why I am not getting both answers to return properly.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

Jason