Is there an easy way to rotate xticklabels?

From: Tim Rueth
Subject: Is there an easy way to rotate xticklabels?
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 11:22:26 -0800

I currently have a plot with dates as xticklabels, resulting from using the "datetick" command as shown below:

ylabel(ax(2),"Y Label");
ylim(ax(2),[50,150]);
set(ax(2),'ytick',[50:5:150]);
set(ax(2),'xtick',[733451:30:734174]);
datetick(2,'keeplimits','keepticks');
The problem I have is that the date labels run over each other when I have the resolution set to only 30 days (as shown above).  I could reduce the font size, but then it gets difficult to read.

Is there a simple way to rotate these xticklabels by somehow "getting" and "rotating" them?  If I could rotate them, then I could fit them without them overrunning each other.  I did a "get(ax(2))" and looked at the properties, but couldn't figure out how to do it.

Thanks,

--Tim