RE: Can someone explain to me how to take derivatives and integrals with

From: Neil.Francis
Subject: RE: Can someone explain to me how to take derivatives and integrals with full steps?
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:14:49 +0800

It sounds like what you want is a symbolic maths package, not a numerics
package.  Showing working out isn't something that Matlab does, because it
doesn't really know how to integrate like in a Calculus textbook, instead it
draws rectangles under curves, works out their areas, and adds them up (loosely
speaking!).

There are other symbolic maths packages out there though - type "Computer
algebra system" into Wikipedia.

Neil