RE: Need gcc compiler download link for Windows Vista

From: Tim Rueth
Subject: RE: Need gcc compiler download link for Windows Vista
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 22:43:39 -0800

Thanks Tatsuro.  I downloaded and installed MinGW-4.1.6.exe from your first
link.

I now have gcc, g++, g77, etc. (no g95 or gfortran) executables in the bin
directory, but no ming32-gcc..., ming32-g++..., or ming32-gfortran...
executables.  Were these particular files supposed to be downloaded?  There
is no version number shown as part of the executable filename.  Did I
install the wrong MinGW file?

To answer your previous question, I was trying to install the octave "time"
and "miscellaneous" packages when it complained that I didn't have a
compiler, hence my quest to find one.  I don't whether I will build any
dynamically-linked functions...right now I just want to write a .m file that
does some statistical analysis on an input data file, with possibly some .m
function calls.  I'm not a savvy programmer when it comes to understanding
how to install programs, so I appreciate your time and help!

Thanks,

--Tim