Re: Mathworks-hosted GPL'd software

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Mathworks-hosted GPL'd software
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 20:53:25 -0600

On 14 February 2010 19:06, Judd Storrs <address@hidden> wrote:
> "All content contained in the MATLAB Central File Exchange may only be
> used with MathWorks products."

I think we ought to ignore that. My guess is that it's most likely
unenforceable. They have a similar clause in their EULAs that says
that they will revoke their license if you use competing software.
They haven't (yet!) claimed copyright on the free software that they
host in their servers, so if we violate their ToS, the best they can
do is revoke the right to let some IP somewhere download software from
their servers.

But IANAL...