Re: string dictionary class

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: string dictionary class
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 21:50:09 +0100

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 12:11 PM, coccoinomane <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Jaroslev,
>
> thank you very much for your reply. I followed your instructions and now I
> manage to create dictionary entries. I started playing around and I managed
> to redo all the cool examples you quoted in your first post, but two:
>
>> gnusoft({"octave", "gcc", "octave"})
> error: strcmp: nonconformant cell arrays
> error: called from:
> error:   /Users/coccoinomane/octave/general-1.1.3/__lookup_compat__.m at
> line 40, column 13
> error:   /Users/coccoinomane/octave/general-1.1.3/@dict/has.m at line 35,
> column 7
>
>> has(gnusoft, {"gcc", "bison"})
> error: strcmp: nonconformant cell arrays
> error: called from:
> error:   /Users/coccoinomane/octave/general-1.1.3/__lookup_compat__.m at
> line 40, column 13
> error:   /Users/coccoinomane/octave/general-1.1.3/@dict/subsref.m at line
> 46, column 11
>
> On the other hand,
> gnusoft({"octave"})
> and
> has(gnusoft, {"gcc"})
> work fine.
>
> It seems the indexing of dictionaries with cell arrays is broken on my
> machine.
>
> Thank you for your consideration.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Guido

The code has moved way forward since 1.1.3, but there weren't more
releases because the release system of OctaveForge was undergoing a
principal change (no more monolithic releases).
I'm attaching an up-to-date tarball for you (or you can use code from
SVN). A number of new capabilities is added:
querying the length and emptiness of a dict, joining two dicts (with
possible custom action for conflicting keys), and converting dicts to
structs and vice versa.

Please test it and report any problems. I'll try to make a release soon.

regards

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD
computing expert & GNU Octave developer