Re: QTOctave in PCLinuxOS

From: David Grundberg
Subject: Re: QTOctave in PCLinuxOS
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:06:45 +0100

Isak Delberth Davids wrote:
Hi folks --- I hope I can ask someting on QTOctave here ---

Happy New Year --- I think QTOctave (the MATLAB-like front-end for Octave) is not in the PCLinuxOS repository. The latest release of QTOctave seems to be qtoctave-0.8.2 and there is a tar ball on http://qtoctave.wordpress.com/download/

The RPM installation files that I get are on http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/1/data/2008-05-04 however, these Mandriva packages are not so new, being qtoctave-0.6.3. And I would like something fairly new ...

Can I proceed installing the tar ball without having to worry about system breakage? I think I have QT4 installed on the machine (I reckon QTOctave requires QT4).

Note, I will not hold any of you responsible for my actions thereafter ::)

Good day,
Isak DAVIDS

This is the mailing list for help regarding Octave.

If you have questions specific to QtOctave, please take them to the QtOctave maintainer.

hth
David