problem with javaoctave-0.4.0 in linux and put method

From: George Kousiouris
Subject: problem with javaoctave-0.4.0 in linux and put method
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 20:17:42 +0200

Hi Kim,all,

I have created a java class using the javaoctave-0.4.0. In this, I pass some values from java to octave with the following piece of code:

OctaveEngine octave = new OctaveEngineFactory().getScriptEngine();
            int number_of_inputs=getNumInputs();
            int number_of_outputs=getNumOutputs();
OctaveScalar num_in=new OctaveScalar(0); OctaveScalar num_out=new OctaveScalar(0);
           System.out.println("Number of inputs:"+number_of_inputs);

num_in.set(number_of_inputs); num_out.set(number_of_outputs); octave.put("num_inputs", num_in);

While this works 100% in Windows, when I try it in Linux Fedora 9, I get the following error when I call the put method. Previous commads of javaoctave (such as initializing the engine or creating an OctaveScalar object)do not have any problem. Also, the number_of_inputs and number_of_outputs variables are printed just before the assignment and they are ok. I have also tried to have floats to keep the number_of_inputs variables but the result is the same.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unexpected output,
       at dk.ange.octave.io.OctaveIO.set(OctaveIO.java:61)
       at dk.ange.octave.OctaveEngine.put(OctaveEngine.java:108)
       at callOctaveThread.run(test.java:572)

Is it something I am doing wrong?

Best regards,
George