Re: Problem when installing Wavelab850 on Octave

From: febty febriani
Subject: Re: Problem when installing Wavelab850 on Octave
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 16:29:40 +0900

sorry for this trouble. Finally, I got the solution for my problem in this thread :

http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2008-August/008068.html

Best Regards,
Febty

2010/1/21 David Grundberg <address@hidden>
febty wrote:
Hi everyone.

I want to install wavelab850 on my computer. For information, I am using
Fedora 8 and Octave 3.0.3. I have already copied Wavelab850 folder in my
octave folder (/usr/share/octave). I did the advice in this thread
http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/help-octave/2008-August/010521.html to
make sure it copied. But when I run "WavePath" I did not see anything. The
command is as follows :

####
address@hidden octave]$ octave
GNU Octave, version 3.0.3
Copyright (C) 2008 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTIBILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.

Octave was configured for "i386-redhat-linux-gnu".

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html

Report bugs to <address@hidden> (but first, please read
http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to write a helpful report).

For information about changes from previous versions, type `news'.

octave:1> ls
3.0.3  ls-R  octave_packages  packages  site  Wavelab850
octave:2> cd Wavelab850
octave:3> ls
Biorthogonal  DeNoising       LockAxes.m  Pursuit        Utilities
Books         Documentation   Median      README         WavePath.m
Browsers      FastAlgorithms  MEXSource   reverse.m      Workouts
Contents.m    Fractals        Meyer       spectrum.m
Continuous    InstallMEX.m    Orthogonal  startup.m
corfig10.m    Interpolating   Packets     TimeFrequency
Datasets      Invariant       Papers      UnlockAxes.m
octave:4> WavePath
octave:5>

#####

I am sure I copied the WaveLab850 folder in Octave folder. But, I don't know
what kind of error so not only I can not see anything after typing
"WavePath" but also can not determine I was successful  or not  installing
Wavelab850 on my computer.

Any kind of responses is appreciated.
Thanks very much.

Regards,
febty

Please don't send duplicate messages. The first message arrived and was read by hundreds of people.

It is not clear what you are doing. What does WavePath.m contain? Have you applied the changes to WavePath.m that the thread talked about?

hth,
David

--

******