Re: Really Long Command Prompt

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Really Long Command Prompt
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:20:28 +0900 (JST)

Hello

As a temporal (?) treatment, I have described the feature of long command line
prompt in the
OctaveForWindows wiki.

http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?OctaveForWindows

********
The feature of the long command line prompt on octave execution screen of this
binaries is frequently
asked. If you change style of command line prompt, please see the following as
a example
http://old.nabble.com/Really-Long-Command-Prompt-to27219017.html
*******

This page seems to be not referred frequently. However, the description will be
helpful to the
repliers. He will just point out the above.

Regards

Tatsuro

--- "John W. Eaton" wrote:

> On 19-Jan-2010, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
>
> | Hello
> |
> | The setting default prompt of octave/mingw32 at the octave-forge site is
> intentional.
> |
> | In octave-home/share/octave/version/m/startup/octaverc
> |
> | ## set default prompt

> | The above setting is done by Benjamin.
>
> This choice seems to generate a lot of questions since it typically
> results in a long prompt.
>
> Why not use the default setting?
>
> jwe

Get the new Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo! JAPAN
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ie8/