Re: imread help please

From: Andy Chee
Subject: Re: imread help please
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:25:59 -0800 (PST)

Thomas Weber-8 wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 02:39:16PM +1100, Andy Chee wrote:
>> I'm hoping someone can help me to get imread working.  At the moment I'm
>> getting this:
>>

>> octave:1> I = imread('test.jpg');
>> error: imread: invalid image file: libgomp.so.1: shared object cannot be
>> dlopen()ed
>
> libgomp is part of GCC for the support of OpenMP. Did you compile some
> things yourself and removed some libraries afterwards?
>
>> I tried this after a fresh install of Slackware Linux 12.1, Octave
>> 3.2.3 (default config) & GraphicsMagick 1.3.7 (default config)
>
> Are these distribution packages or did you compile yourself?
>
>       Thomas

I'm not exactly a natural at configuring and compiling things under Linux
(or Windows for that matter!) so everything, Slackware, Octave, and
GraphicsMagick were installed with their default configurations.

However OpenMP may not have been part of Slackware's default install and so
I will check on that.

cheers

Andrew