Re: Strange extra line when plotting

From: Nighteye
Subject: Re: Strange extra line when plotting
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 09:38:56 -0800 (PST)

John W. Eaton-3 wrote:

> On  8-Dec-2009, Nighteye wrote:
>
> | I loaded data from a txt file to octave and plotted it with loglog.
> | Everything works fine otherwise but from the last point it draws a line
> back
> | to point (0, 10^6). Same happens with the normal plot-funktion. I
> checked
> | the data and that point does not exist there. Not in the start, neither
> in
> | the end. I dont understand what goes wrong...
>
> Can you provide a simple example that shows the problem?
>
> If you think you've found a bug in Octave, then please send a complete
> bug report to the address@hidden list.  The help list is not the right
> place to report bugs.
>
> jwe

Here is the graph
http://s469.photobucket.com/albums/rr51/Joza90/?action=view&current=octaveline.jpg

And here is the code (quite simple):

A=load("-ascii","dataout.txt);
q=A(:,1);
P=A(:,2);
loglog(q,P);

Data seems ok to me (I guess I should not post it as it is quite long) so I
wonder what im doing wrong..

I tried restarting octave already. I've got Octave-3.2.2

And I didnt post a bug report because I don't think this is a bug. It must
be me doing something wrong.