Re: bwlabeln or 3d version of bwlabel

From: Naveen Garg
Subject: Re: bwlabeln or 3d version of bwlabel
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:10:23 -0600

> Is there an opensource implementation for multidimensional connected
> component labeling?

Not that I know of. If you find one or decides to implement yourself,
please let me know, as that would be a valuable contribution to the
'image' package.

The scipy.ndimage has a label function.

http://www.google.com/codesearch/p?hl=en&sa=N&cd=1&ct=rc#sL5YdHMOlIg/scipy-0.4.9/Lib/ndimage/src/ni_measure.c&q=ndimage%20numpy

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.ndimage.measurements.label.html#scipy.ndimage.measurements.label

the ndimage is advertised for multidimensional arrays.  The label function does not specifically list any limitations for dim > 2.  I will see if I can translate it to octave, but i haven't been able to compile octave on mingw yet... Had trouble finding the glob library that is supposed to be on the octave website : http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/8d9e4752441a/README.MSVC