RE: Using octave runtime in a commercial product

From: Eduardo Fuentetaja
Subject: RE: Using octave runtime in a commercial product
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:28:02 +0100

Thank you all guys for the info. I got the picture.

Just for the record: I'm not an enemy of freedom. In fact I have contributed in
the past a great deal of my time to some open source projects and I feel proud
of it. This question was for my day job (the one that helps me pay my bills),
and the last think I want for many reasons (including legal) is to take
dishonest advantage of the good work you guys put in Octave.

One piece of thought for your consideration: Octave's got great value and there
are companies out there (like mine) that would be willing to compensate
economically for the benefits of legally using Octave. Then you use that money
to helping cure malaria or -another idea- to organize a Octave user day in
Vegas, all expenses paid.

Thanks a lot for your comments and keep up the good work.

        Ed