Re: bfgsmin works for a version but not for the other

From: etienne
Subject: Re: bfgsmin works for a version but not for the other
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 18:36:40 -0700

  Hi Marcio,

maybe your (new) octave and (older) octave-forge versions don't match?

  Hth,

  Etienne

Quoting Márcio Diniz <address@hidden> (Fri, 4 Sep 2009
08:29:12 -0300):

Hi there!
I am using Octave 2.9.9 and the bfgsmin works well. However, the
same code does not work when I try to run it in Octave 3.0.1 - the
error message is "warning: bfgsmin: failure, exiting. Try different start
values?" even though I am using the same starting values.
Is there any difference between the bfgsmin versions? If not, what
is the problem?
Thanks in advance
Marcio Diniz

--