Re: About the Matlab function lsqnonlin

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: About the Matlab function lsqnonlin
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:12:30 +0200

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 12:35 PM, george brida<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi friends,
> I would like to ask you if Octave accept the Matlab function lsqnonlin. If
> no, is there any function in Octave havingĀ  the same goal than lsqnonlin.
> Thank you.
> George

Unconstrained nonlinear least-squares with small residuals can be
handled using fsolve (overdetermined nonlinear eq. systems)
since 3.1.55. For constrained optimization, sqp can be used. Another
option is to use the optim package, which provides a plethora of other
options, most well-known of which is leasqr.

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert & GNU Octave developer