Re: MSVC solution, Makefile or build tips available?

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: MSVC solution, Makefile or build tips available?
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 09:40:21 +0100

There 2 ways to compile octave with MSVC, but in both cases you are
on your own (although octave is compilable with MSVC, there's no
user support for it):
1) you create your own solution files: one possible way is to configure
octave with MinGW, inspect the Makefile's and create solution file from
them
2) you use compiler wrappers that make MSVC behaves like GCC; I know
at least 2 of them, namely cccl (older) and wgcc (more recent I think);
using such wrapper should allow you to use the regular configure-based
build system of octave within MSYS shell.

Michael.